Remember, there are no store facilities once you leave marina, so plan to bring:
- Towel and personal hygiene items
- Hiking footwear
- Bathing Suit
- Rain Gear
- Lantern or flashlight
- We have bedding and pillows; if wish you may bring your sleeping bag for an extra cover
- Light packaged food is preferable, packed for mouse-proof storage and transportation in plastic containers.
- Favorite condiments for seafood such as lemon, hot sauce, soya, etc. The beach and ocean provide the shellfish and crab – We provide the expertise and tools.
- Coolers with ice packs or blocks. (We have extra coolers if required.) Pack so you consume first what needs ice/refrigeration.
- Remember, if you eat fish and shellfish, there are oysters, mussels and clams on the beaches, you can use our fishing gear and crab trap too! We can teach you how to clean and prepare your catch.
Need a fishing license?
A saltwater fishing licence for ocean fishing and shellfish can be purchased in Sechelt at Trail Bay Source for Sports, or online at Fisheries and Oceans Canada. A British Columbia freshwater licence is required for the Tzoonie River and nearby lakes.
Recreational Online Licensing Website
Online application for the B.C. tidal waters sport fishing licence service.
Fisheries and Wildlife Applications
Applications for various types of fishing licenses.
BC Fishing Regulations
If you plan on fishing during your stay, it’s always advisable to check BC fishing regulations first so you know what you can catch and keep.
Tide Levels – Porpoise Bay, Sechelt Inlet
Tide report for Porpoise Bay in Sechelt, BC
Current weather reports for Sechelt, British
Marine Weather Reports
Marine weather report for Pacific – Georgia Basin, British Columbia
Sechelt on BritishColumbia.com
Maps, history, accommodations, attractions and more.
Guide to the Sunshine Coast from Howe Sound to Desolation Sound.
Complete resource for learning about the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia.
Sechelt Visitor Centre
Visitor information and community profile.
Schedules, routes, maps, tickets and more.
Sunshine Coast Regional Transit System (Bus Lines)
Sunshine Coast Air
Scheduled floatplane service from Vancouver and Nanaimo to Sechelt or charters to Tzoonie
The desire to explore and enjoy the wilderness!!!